Friday, August 9, 2013

Title

So, Johns the eternal GM, eh? Well, I'm curious. John what character would YOU make? What purviews and attributes would you emphasize? Do you have a specific character in mind ready to be put onto a sheet if you get the opportunity? What Pantheon would you like to play as? I'm curious?

I get to play very rarely. I have a ton of fun playing, but Im a very involved player. An ST needs to put in a lot of work for me and I can easily take over the game from the other players. I know this...and generally make characters that wont do that. Im also very much a team player and try to fit my character to group composition and see where he'd best fall. What things are we missing? Does someone else want to be in charge? Ill ratchet back my in chargeness. I also ALWAYS construct backstory with some of the other characters. This both helps the players think about their own backstory, but also winds us into our histories before we start. Our relationships dont have to start stale and dry the first game, we can enter already having a life.

O wait, you were asking more specifically though.
I love all mythology. But as a Mediterranean, I love the dodek. Every character Ive made for a game has been dodek. Love em all, love everything about em, love their psp. Thats not to say I dont have a lot of fondness for other gods and the other pantheons, but since I get to play so rarely, I always go for my favorite.

Because Im running 3 games, Im kinda making characters constantly. Then I then get to play a little as NPCs. So i dont really have any character Id be ready to play. But many of my npcs are tons of fun and Id have a great time playing them in games as PCs.

Purviews and Epics. The most fun I have in game is doing interesting stuff in new and fun ways. So I truly dont know what purviews or epics Id pick because I see so much potential in all of them.


....i lied.

Stamina, manipulation, wits
Magic, mystery, animal

....Id just make colin.

But I woudlnt, cause I already made him!

Question answered!

5 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat. I love lots of pantheons but the Dodekatheon are the closest to my heart so I always end up wanting to play one of them. :/ Good old Colin, though, too bad he's a fully integrated NPC now. Though I guess you could always pull him back out as a PC God should anyone have the balls to run a God game for you.

    I think in terms of epics and purviews, I'd lean Stamina, Charisma, and Intelligence, and Stars, Artistry, and Mystery.

    One day...... (My next character, should he ever come about, will be a Deva. I must be held to this.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiser, with the three mental epics, animal (wolf), frost, and earth, basically everything you're run of the mill aiser isn't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a Scion of Loki or Hel.

      Delete
    2. Hate to break it to you, Aesir lover, but if you stick with purviews using epic attributes then your frost and earth are going to be absolutely terrible.

      Delete
  3. WTB a game in which you play Jay Ortiz as a PC.

    ReplyDelete