Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Virtuous Player

What's up, guys! We said we would take Thanksgiving off from vlogging here in the U.S., but we have a vlog ready anyway, so here we are! Today we're talking about problems that plague players, and hopefully giving some good advice about how to handle them when they arise in your gaming group.

Question: The Scions in my group who have Order have been having a really hard time lately, as the group as a whole can't seem to not break the law in the course of their adventures. Which Virtue have your Scions found to be the most inconvenient or gotten them into the most trouble?

Question: Help! I'm a combat character and social characters in my party constantly tell me what to do. I can't even get angry at their characters or they pop Boys Will Be Boys, Blame James, or just outright lie with God's Honest. Please don't tell me that the answer is I always have to play someone smart, witty or attractive!

Question: Is it possible for a Scion who's achieved godhood to eventually lose all touch with their original humanity and embrace Titanhood?

Question: How does the Order Virtue handle vigilantism in areas where it is illegal? Does it make an exception for your divine right as a Scion to adminsiter justice, or will a Scion in this situation just be on the phone with 911 all day?

Question: What are the limits of boons like Fire Immunity or Safely Interred?

Question: I play a Fate character and I'm getting burned out. My ST ignores Fatebonds because they're too complex and my Prophecy boons are reduced to dice adders because the visions are irrelevant or never come to pass. When I tried Avoid a Fate, it still happened because it involved a PC and the ST said dictating what players could do messed with the narrative. Is this normal for Fate purviews, or am I getting shafted? Any advice on dealing with it?

Question: Two of my players have Malak. The problem is that the entire campaign can't focus around two cities. I try my best, but other characters can use their PSP every game, while Malak users sit on their thumbs half the time. Any ideas on how to get use out of Malak away from their cities?

Question: Can Epic Perception see ghosts? I know an ST who insists that only Death Senses can let you see ghosts, but that seems counter-intuitive to me - there's a Perception knack that lets me see Fate itself, but not the occasional wandering soul?


12 comments:

  1. Haha, thank you from both Morgan and I for the congrats guys! Hope you're having a wonderful American Turkeyday!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, Lemon or Meat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That statue is A-Thor-able!

    *gets shot*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, Thor will defend you with a tiny bullet-sized Unseen Shield.

      Delete
  4. Titan!Saki? Titan!Alison? Titan!Hachi?

    http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

    I want to pelt you with questions, even just to know what Titanrealms they defected to, but I feel like even that will probably be answered with "wait until the fiction comes out". :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, well, they're not too hard to guess. ;)

      I promise, I am trying to write fiction. Honest. Finals are almost over.

      Delete
  5. Adrasteia Rising would suggest the Justice Titanrealm for Alison, but on the other hand, her character sheet has not a single, solitary dot of Justice to her name...

    Saki I admit to not knowing as well. Chaos and Sky Titanrealms would seem like the front-runners... except from what I can tell they haven't been seen much at all in your games yet. If anything, the Animal Titanrealm you're working on updating from the Anunna supplement seems like the one you've detailed the most for your cosmology, but on the other, of the three purviews she's most invested in, the animal titanrealm still seems like the least likely candidate for Saki...

    Kyofujin is the only one that's clear-cut for being an addition to Keku.

    But, seriously, don't push yourself! Studies take precedence, naturally. Best of luck with all your finals, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Order as becoming a stone bitch for my PCs, as the Bogovi Demigod in the group has been infecting everyone with it.
    I am proud to say that I just finished running a session wherein the daughter of Zeus managed to pull off the last bit of her political wrangling and got her Band and a few allied Bands real federal authority for dealing with "extraordinary circumstances".
    Due to some epic rolls and a lot of awesome roleplay they now have a good bit of legal wiggle-room, and the Bogovi Scion is also not willing to let the others go play Judge Dredd with their new authority, so I think it may work well story-wise, giving the Band stronger ties to the Mortal world and the people as a whole.
    And I get a new angle to throw plot hooks from! I think it's a win all around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds totally awesome! Our Scion of Zeus did something very similar - must be something in their blood to go out and seize authority. :)

      Delete
    2. Right? She is without a doubt the bossiest character in the game. ;)
      The player usually plays supportive types and lets other take center stage, but the moment she takes up that character sheet, it's like the player has the blood of Zeus! 0_o

      Delete