Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Progress Marches On

Question: Is it just me, or has the Secret Project been swallowed by Fiction?

Question: Secret Project color bar's gone again... just FYI.

Question: New Titanreams progress vanished again.

Question: Project Progress bars are acting up again.

Question: Progress bar's acting up again.

Question: Fiction bar's lost its color again. When stuff like this happens, do you get flooded with emails mentioning it? If so, does it get irritating?


Yes, last question-asker... yes, I do get flooded with emails.

I'm pretty sure the bug in the progress bars has to do with caching rather than the bars themselves; basically, they're just images that change when I update them and which are housed offsite, so sometimes, depending on what that other site is doing, they might lose their progress or accidentally display a different bar at random. Sometimes only a few people even see the bug, while to everyone else it looks normal.

Those bugs normally sort themselves out within an hour or two, even if I don't catch them first, but not before I get a ton of helpful people telling me that they're glitching. And I love y'all, I really do, but you don't need to email me every time the progress bars have a tantrum. They'll get fixed soon, I honestly promise.

Since these things are such a pain in the butt, I'm thinking about coming up with a locally-hosted version of them to replace these soon, but so far I haven't really wanted to spend the time and effort on it instead of other stuff. I'm sure we'll get a better set of progress bars going soon, but in the meantime, we'll all suffer together.

Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. "When did Vash the Stampede arrive in our band?"

    OMG. You're Trigun fans!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, it's a fun show. :)

      We were teasing Alvin because of his ridiculous coat + belts combination. Add spiky hair and glasses and he's halfway there.

      Delete