Friday, November 29, 2013

Son of Wolves, Daughter of Ravens

Question: Are we ever gonna see the sad Aurora/Wolf mix tape you mentioned in the "Scion Symphony" blog?

Sure.

We made this a while ago, and it's a continuum that covers all of the relationship between Aurora and Wolf, from their roots at Legend 5 through the final events of Ragnarok. It's not too much of a spoiler to say that they will be seeing each other again, even though they're currently separated in the fiction.

As you guys know, we commit when we do ridiculous things for Scion games, so there are album covers and relevant excerpts involved. I'm hiding them behind a cut so we don't spam the whole blog with song lyrics.


Art from pieces by Cynthia Sheppard, MagnozZ and Raven Grey.

1. Sarah Mclachlan - Fallen
We all begin with good intent when love is raw and young
We believe that we can change ourselves, the past can be undone
But we carry on our backs the burden time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning, in the wound that would not heal


2. John Mayer - Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
We're going down
And you can see it too
We're going down
And you know that we're doomed
My dear we're slow dancing in a burning room


3. Goo Goo Dolls - Acoustic #3
And I wonder where these dreams go
When the world gets in your way
What's the point in all this screaming?
You're not listening anyway


4. A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should have known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do


5. Jay Brannan - The Freshmen (Cover)
For the life of me I cannot remember
What made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise
For the life of me I cannot believe
We'd ever die for these sins


6. Kate Voegele - Hallelujah (Cover)
Maybe I've been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
But love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah


7. Vienna Teng - The Tower
She turns off the light anticipating night falling tenderly around her
And watches the dusk; the words won't come
She carries the act so convincingly the fact is sometimes she believes it
That she can be happy with the way things are
Be happy with the things she's done


8. Poe - Haunted
I'm haunted
By the lives that I have loved and actions I have hated
I'm haunted
By the promises I made and others I have broken
I'll always want you
I'll always need you
I'll always love you
And I will always miss you


9. Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
What did you say?
That you only meant well - well of course you did
What did you say?
That it's all for the best - well of course it is
What did you say?
That it's just what we need - you decided this
What did you say?
What did she say?


10. One Republic - Apologize
I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
I need you like a heart needs a beat but it's nothing new
I loved you with a fire red but now it's turning blue
And you say sorry like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid
It's too late to apologize
It's too late


11. Sara Lov - My Body is a Cage (Cover)
My body is a cage
We take what we're given
Just because you're forgotten
That don't mean you're forgiven


12. Vienna Teng - Drought
And the taste of dried-up hopes in my mouth
And the landscape of merry and desperate drought
Once I knew myself and with knowing came love
I would know love again if I had faith enough


13. Jill Barber - In Perfect Time
You can read my palm
And tell me that my future looks strong
And I will play along
Better that than to wait to prove you wrong
And my state of mind is hiding in the shadow you left behind
And this song is playing in my head as you walk away in perfect time


14. Papa Roach - Blood (Empty Promises)
Under pressure you crumbled and you let me down
And I'm not deaf but all I hear are your empty promises
Does it run in your blood to betray the ones you love?
Yes, it runs in your blood to betray the ones you love


15. George Michael - You Have Been Loved
If I was weak forgive me
But I was terrified
You brushed my eyes with angels' wings
Full of love, the kind that makes devils cry
So these days my life has changed
And I'll be fine
But she just sits and counts the hours
Searching for her crime


16. Kelly Sweet - Dream On
I know it's everybody's sin
You've got to lose to know how to win


17. Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter
And so it is just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is the shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky


18. A Fine Frenzy - Swan Song
Yet I wrote the words to this swan song
The author of the wrong
And I said what I said and I meant it
But now I regret it


19. Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)
It's not so bad
You're only the best I ever had
You don't need me back
You're just the best I ever had


20. Vienna Teng - Cannonball (Cover)
Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
And it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball


21. Keane - We Might As Well be Strangers
I don't know your thoughts these days
We're strangers in an empty space
I don't understand your heart
It's easier to be apart
We might as well be strangers


22. Sissel - Should It Matter
So should it matter what I do or what I've done
As long as in my heart you're still the only one?
I hear you say it but I don't think you understand
I can be trusted now
I swear to you I can


23. Vienna Teng - Antebellum
I know the borderlines we drew between us
Keep the weapons down, keep the wounded safe
I know our antebellum innocence
Was never meant to see the light of our armistice day


24. Sarah McLachlan - Full of Grace
It's just that we stayed too long
In this same old sickly skin
I'm pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
In the long darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength and all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I can love you much better than this


25. Billy Joel - And So It Goes
And every time I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes and so it goes
And so will you soon I suppose
But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my worst mistake
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break


26. David Cook - Lie
So lie to me and tell me that we're going to be all right
Lie to me and tell me that we'll make it through the night
I don't mind if you wait before you tear me apart
Look me in the eye
And lie, lie, lie


27. Kate Rusby - The Lark
Oh how I'm cold - will you let me in?
If you could hear me speak where would I begin?
Time it is past now and I roam free
Is it wrong to wish you still needed me?


28. Ed Sheeran - The A Team
Lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
They scream
The worst things in life come free to us


29. Damien Rice - Lonely Soldier
She died with her hand stretched out
She died with a hungry mouth
She died with her mind full of doubt and thoughts of weakening
And so may your river never dry
And may your mouth never lie
And may you be satisfied to never know why
Sometimes someone just wants to die


30. Vienna Teng - Fields of Gold (Cover)
I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in fields of gold


Disc 1 and Disc 2


Sometimes I think about Aurora and Wolf at the wrong moment, and then I'm too sad to get any other creative projects done that day.

I originally posted this to go up yesterday, but then John said, "No, that's too sad for Thanksgiving." So we put it off so that all of you out there in food comas today can sniffle into your leftover pie.

6 comments:

  1. Neat, but sad.

    Do any of the other scion "couples" have any songs or albums? Geoff/Sangria? Leona/James? Not sure the other confirmed star crossed lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoff and Sangria do! Aurora and Woody and Alison and Colin, while not romantic couples, also have relationship mixes about their lives.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to see some of the EP couples get mixes - Leona/James, Padma/Shadan, Mohini/everybody - but they haven't been played as much so don't have long lists yet. :)

      Delete
    3. It'd be cool to see those other mixes in future posts!

      Delete
    4. I'll see what I can do, although it takes a little time so it's usually not a priority over other projects. :) This one was done quite a while ago.

      Because of this post, John spent half our drive home from family Thanksgiving constructing a Shadan/Padma mix from my iPod contents.

      Delete