Thursday, January 16, 2014

Johns New Project(post two)

What should I call this project? Im open to any ideas. Right now...I got nothin.
If possible, keep your questions and comments for this to youtube. For this project only, I'd like to move our presence over there a bit(not that I'll ignore questions here or anything...).







Thanks to everyone who voted. Like I mention in the video, if you're gonna get a copy of the book to read along with me, let me know asap. Otherwise Im just as happy reading it and giving you guys updates as I go. But I do think you'll get more out of it(especially ST's) if you read it along with me. Plus if people read it we can have more of a dialogue about ways to incorporate it into scion, and less of a class about it. Which IMO is preferable for everyone.

Link to buy the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Way-Animal-Powers-Part-Mythologies/dp/0060551496


Note to self about video:
Figure out why videos freeze at the very start on my eyes. Also get more of my face in screen...I swear when I filmed it you could see more of me.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, i have ordered a copy.
    Amazon took quite a while unless i wanted to add 20 euro or so to my purchase for expidited shipping, so i found a copy on Abebooks that would take 7-14 days to get there, as the quickest rute possible without paying twice the books price in transport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You silly non-american. Apparently you arent allowed to have things with free 2 day shipping?

      Delete
    2. most certainly not,
      my options run at 3-7 days for the bargain price of 44.95 dollars (with the slightly used book at 11 dollars)
      or 21-47 days for 23.95$
      or, i went to Abebooks and found a place where the book and shipping was 23£ and it arroved, as stated above, withun 7-14 days :P
      *ohhh, its hard not to be american*
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXcPrbgPH1s

      Delete
    3. phewww....that price is insane. I know you've already ordered...but I should also have suggestested just going to the local book store. Its a pretty common book.

      Is a nisseman an elf or a santa clause elf specifically? Google isnt helping because of how popular the song you linked it.

      Delete
    4. Nisses in this case are the helpers of Santa, the series is named ''The christmas calender'' and is made by some danish comedians.
      Not much myth in the song, except that Coke's Santa was visually based on how nisses looks. (they were usually in more brown colours though)
      Also, local bookstores would not help much, especially if i wanted it in english, which is my clear preference.
      Unfortunately it is less than common to see a good selection of english books in stores in smaller danish cities.

      Delete
    5. you can start without me though, i am sure i will catch up ;) at least if it gets here before you're done with it ^.^

      Delete