Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fantastartists!

Question: Where do you find all your awesome illustrations?

They are awesome, aren't they? We can't take any of the credit for that; John and I are not visual artists, unfortunately, so all the visuals on JSR are kindly provided by folks who are.

Most of the graphics for buttons, banners and so forth, as well as a good number of the portraits of gods, are from the excellent mythological art collection of Gonzalo Ordóñez Arias, better known to the internet as Genzoman, who is not only super awesome at painting but also super chill about letting us use his work to make things look fancy around here.

Genzoman's the biggest contributor, but there are tons of other artists represented here, too many to list all of them at once. If you have a specific piece you're interested in, however, drop me a line (in the comments, the question box, or email, whatever) and I'm always happy to point folks to the creator's website or art page. These are some talented people, so show them all the appreciation you can muster!

And speaking of talented people and appreciation, now seems like a good time to unveil the first-ever JSR fanart, courtesy of the lovely Zhantilniiraala. She whipped up portraits of the Better Next Time and Skeins of Fate bands, and they're too much fun not to share with you guys. Check them out, and click for larger versions:




She's cheating a little bit by inserting things that haven't yet happened in the fiction writeups, courtesy of having canoodled with us long enough to know what's going on, but that's all right. It's like we're all looking into the future.

13 comments:

  1. How come there's a giant dude in both your games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, that's what the artist's boyfriend said to us. "I really feel like you met your quota on giants with the first one."

      The blond giant is Sowiljr, the fire-breather Sverrir (who has not yet arrived in the Skeins stories, but who eventually replaced the deceased John Doe). I believe the pictures are of the PCs when they had just become brand-new Legend 9 gods.

      Delete
    2. Isnt there a giant dude in all your games?

      Delete
    3. I sometimes feel like we have an epidemic of giant dudes, Norsing it up all over the place.

      Delete
    4. I always feel like we have too few.

      Delete
    5. My games are indeed lacking in giant dudes. I'm sure my players will remedy this at some point. Especially Russian Murder-Batman. He'd like to be a giant.

      Delete
    6. I asked him. He's working on it. He had to save up XP, apparently.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, these are rad as hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell her you said so. :) I love them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My image link turned out gross.
      Its a sunbear. Google it, they're amazing looking.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh. I know what they are. They're cute, there's one at the Zoo up in Asheboro. I've taken photos of him(?).

      Delete