Sunday, April 28, 2013

Art Ahoy!

Question: Where is the picture on the banner of the link to Ori on the Orisha page from, and where does the picture from Kyofujin's character sheet come from?

The banner that links to the Ori sports a bit of a painting called "Pestilence" by Gonzalo Ordóñez Arias, or Genzoman to his internet fans. He's graciously allowed us to use an absolute bucket of his art all over our site, drawn from his extensive collection of mythology- and folklore-based art. We loved the image because of its resemblance to what we think Shapona might look like, not to mention the fact that it's one of his few pieces that doesn't features a very European-looking subject. Check him out - he is the fanciest of artists.

The image you see on Kyofujin's character sheet is the top bit of the excellently creepy painting "Dark and Darkness" by Serj, a Moldovan artist who is way too talented to be allowed. Like Kyofujin, it's an image of a creature that is built expressly to cause nightmares in the minds of anyone unfortunate enough to see him.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. I suppose I wasn't too clear about which picture I was referring to, however. I was referring to the picture on the link to the Ori PSP on the Orisha page. It seems like an African female with glowing green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! That's a tiny snapshot from the amazing painting "Bog Shaman", by talented artist LeAndra Dawn. :)

      Delete
    2. Much appreciated.

      Delete
    3. No problem. And it was definitely my mistake - now that I reread your question, I obviously misread which button you were referring to. My bad!

      Delete