Thursday, April 5, 2012

Death is Our Life

Question: Hey, I'm making a Scion for one of the underworld deities and I was wondering: would it be possible for the Scion's Visitation to be him dying, going to the underworld, meeting his divine parent, and being brought back to life?

I don't see why not! It sounds like a great way to get introduced to your lord-of-death parent to actually go through death yourself; the character will get to see the deathrealm and ghost world firsthand and have real awe and experience when it comes to his parent's phenomenal power. Many death gods are less than excited about resurrecting people, both because it's not kosher and because it takes a lot of energy, but many of them, I'm sure, would make exceptions for their own offspring, especially if they wanted to use them as a Scion. As long as your Storyteller's fine with it, I don't see a single reason not to do it.

I'd find such a story a lot of fun, from cause of death to collection by Psychopomp to meeting dear old mom or dad and discovering that death's just another part of your heritage. Come back and tell us how that story plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment