Saturday, October 6, 2012

Big Bad Wolves

Question: To follow up on my last question regarding your favorite gods - who are your favorite of the Titans from each of your four Titanrealms?

John: Apep, Cronus, Mixcoatl and Surtr. The most awesome and cosmic figures of antagonism. Have you seen these guys?

Anne: In contrast, I like the more subtle and emotional antagonists - bad guys who have a reason to be bad guys. I'm fond of Aranyani, who kills in the name of safeguarding her sacred forests, Coyolxauhqui, who believes she was murdered for trying to justly punish her philandering mother, Hestia, who gave up her place among the gods to make way for new blood, and Uke Mochi, whose vengeful hatred can be traced back to her rejection by the Amatsukami. I enjoy their motivations and plot possibilities.

I also considered saying Amatsu-Mikaboshi, but I think it's just because I'm so relieved that he's finally in Tamoanchan where he belongs, rather than in Soku-no-Kumi.

2 comments:

  1. All nice choices. Now what is your favorite Titanrealm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... they're all pretty equally awesome (in their terrible, never-want-to-go-there ways). I think Ourea might be my current favorite because of the wide variety of people in it (and also maybe slightly because its map was way the most complicated and took me the longest?). I also love Tamoanchan, probably because of my long-standing love affair with the Aztlanti and their myths.

      Delete