Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Sights, the Sounds, the Smells

Question: I love the write ups you've done so far but I was wondering, if a character used the Scent The Divine knack on a Scion of the Anunna, Elohim, or Bogovi, what scent or sound would you get? I ask because I read all three write ups and I couldn't find their scents listed.

You didn't miss it - the scents aren't in there. I originally didn't include them because I intended to just add them to the table for the Scent the Divine knack, but then didn't get them up on the website and somehow managed to forget all about it. Sorry!

The Anunna are the most elemental and ancient of gods; I would suggest the sound of a sudden crack of thunder accompanied by the scent of cedar wood.

The Elohim, on the other hand, demand harsher sacrifices and are more temperamental than their northern neighbors. For them, the scent is most likely the reek of cooling ash, and the brief sound of clashing weapons.

The less volatile Bogovi are much more connected to the natural cycles of the world and the rhythm of its harmonies, so I'd suggest something like a smell of rain and the sound of a turning wheel.

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Glad I found this. I will be altering my Scents of the Divine PDF to include this information.

    ReplyDelete