Friday, March 28, 2014

Scion AMA: Mitchell Gozer

All right, folks, you asked some awesome AMA questions and the players delivered. We'll be doing posts like this over the next few weeks with various characters' answers, and some bonus playlists for their hilarious hijinks and soulful tragedies as well.

First up today is Mitchell Gozer, Scion of Hermes, now known as Terminus, the god of luck and last chances. Or, "that guy who dies all the time and swears at the Moirai a lot".


Why? Just Why?

Um, better question dude. Why the fuck not? I mean really. What kind of question is that to get started on? Fucker thinks I can read his mind.....

You can still fix it, right?! Right?!

Well, considering how things ended up, probably not.

What made you intervene when Zeus was trying to kill the Moirai?

I think I grew up a little. I get where Zeus was coming from. I really do. No one likes to be restricted by fate. You don't want some one or some thing telling you what you can or can't do. You work at being you your whole life and then you get told not only are you awesome, but you're a GOD. Shouldn't you get to lay back and take it easy at that point? The answer is hell no.

I think Charon felt the same way when he jumped ship. See what I did there? LoL. You've been set in this role you have that does nothing but fling shit in your eyes the whole time. One day you decide, 'Fuck it! I'm a big powerful god! People need to take me seriously!'. But you don't see that you're a cog in the watch that's making everything tick. Fuck it dude, you're the god damned spring that keeps the thing ticking! When you cut out, everything stops. Everything's useless literally the moment you're removed from the plan. Charon left to work with Erebus and the dead couldn't get into hades. Zeus decided he was going to remove the pin that wound up his fate clock because he didn't want to go out the way his dad did or the way his granddad did.

Once you mess with Fate, you either learn to respect it or you get mowed over. In my case, I got both. Vala helped me see that in the end. Seriously, the one time in all of mother fucking history where the Blind successfully led the "blind". She was right about what was going to happen if Zeus succeeded. You don't question a prophet. You just don't. So after years of pissing in their Cheerios, I decided to give them a hand. It was worth it I think.

I do have one regret about it all though. I wish I could see Circe with our kids in her arms just one more time...

We all know you refused to go through the brainwashing waterfall-- but what about it scared you so much? Were you thinking of members of your family who'd gone mad with outside influence, like Hercules? Or were you just scared of something changing your head without your consent?

Fucking Du'at. Anyone ever want to have the fucking shittiest time ever? Du'at. First off, scared? Nah. Maybe you are unaware of what went down directly after I left that fucking place. I saw that shit storm of a waterfall and knew instantly what it was going to do to me. I am Theoi through and through and there's no one who's going to change that. I don't need some part of me to start thinking 'well, derp derp, Ra's pretty cool too, derp derp!'

Now I've got nothing against Egyptians who aren't Isis, but that's just not who I am. Besides, going through everything I did over and over earned me a bit of street cred with the Netjer. And once Khepri decided to tear up the place, I figured a ride on his back to catch up with the others was a good call.

Did you ever indulge in your family's artistic side?

Do you really not know about my moves? Dude, I dance so well I distracted Fujin and Raijin for a week, AFTER I LEFT.

Do you hate anyone as much as Geoff hates Isis?

Yes. Isis. More than Geoff. Bitch fucked up months of work on fate that I'd been working on for the others. MONTHS OF WORK AND ENERGY OUT THE WINDOW. Fuck that bitch.

If you could have been born from another pantheon, would you?

Why is this even a question? Actually, come to think of it, yes. Double Greek.

Do you have any opinion on Prometheus?

He sure picked a bad place to hang out after he left Tartarus. Going to Muspelheim to live in a cave is a bad call regardless of who you are.

What's your favorite food? Favorite drink? Do you have anything of a sweet tooth?

Alright everyone. Gather around, because I have a recipe for you all to go home and try tonight. This was a Marcus James/Goze gourmet meal.

Cows in a Blanket

Separate 1lb ground beef into 1/4lb patties and brown in a pan. Make pancakes, extra large. Roll Burger into pancake. Add syrup. Enjoy.

You are so very welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Question for Goze:

    Not many people had as many close brushes with Fate as you did, so it's probably safe to say you'd be as close to an expert as we could get.

    Do you think Fate has the best for the universe in mind? That all it's choices are part of some scheme to keep the universe in balance and the powers that be in check? Or is it more flawed, bitter, and even more malicious? Like a kid with a magnifying glass and the even the gods are the ants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad we got to ask you these Questions Goze. You're a good guy, despie appearances. I'm sure Circe would have liked to see you one last time too.
    (Come to think of it... what did Circe do after all of this? How did she respond to Zeus killing her husband?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very busy with fallout of her own at the time, unfortunately!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure that Geoff was involved in the creation of Cows in a Blanket. I mean he was the chef in the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel that geoff was

      Delete
    2. I Dunno, I remember walking into an IHOP in Australia and blindsiding them with us,

      Delete
    3. I remember an IHOP, you three, and a giant eventually arriving searching for sangria who hadn't gotten there yet

      Delete
  4. Goze, these were the best! Im very glad you came back from the dead to answer them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damnit, I knew I was forgetting someone I wanted to ask questions to! Stupid cold drugs making me botch all my mystery rolls...

    ReplyDelete