Monday, October 7, 2013

Photo Finish

Question: How do you determine when a poll is finished?

Aha, I bet you're watching that crazy three-way seesaw that the next pantheon poll has going on, aren't you? I like tuning in each day to see how it's doing. Go go all three options!

A poll is officially finished and closed when it's time to start on the project it was voting on. That means that voting remains open until the bitter end and everyone has a chance to vote right up until the minute the previous project goes live and we switch to working on the next one. In the case of the current pantheon poll, as soon as we post up the Polynesian pantheon we're working on, we'll close the poll and whomever is in the lead then, even if only by one, will be the official winner.

If there happens to be a tie - which hasn't happened yet, but you never know - then we'll figure out a tiebreaker method, probably an extra one-day poll to decide between the tied choices. Once we have a winner, we'll update the poll for the next round and post it, fresh and ready for your votes, as we embark on our new project.

I don't mind telling you guys that I'd guess we're only a couple of weeks away from finishing this current pantheon beastie... so get those votes in before the deadline!

13 comments:

  1. You just made my day (or, well, my three in the morning over here), with that last paragraph! :D

    Also, Go Inuit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your lower-legend project going to include adding the Alihah, Elohim, and the other pantheon undetailed pantheons to the site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as John said below, adding a pantheon to the site is a whole project on its own. But I'm with you, I want to see them someday!

      Delete
  3. O god no. Those would be completely separate projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually did have a tie a while back, though I don't remember what the tie was between. There was a sudden death 24 hour additional voting time given to us, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the time Blogger went bonkers and all the votes started randomly disappearing, so there was no way to tell if the Polynesians or the Australians won the Pantheon poll. It wasn't technically a tie, so much as the polls couldn't be trusted.

      Delete
    2. I think I confused myself, because I am actually recalling the time when the Amatsukami won the poll and then we were asked to choose something else in the next 24 hours. At the end of those 24 hours, Industry was perfectly tied with something else.

      Delete