Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ART!

It's time for MORE ART! ART!

This one is something completely different, and we love it. From a master graphic artist of the great white north, here's an image of Goze, Sangria and Geoff as the young gods of the Teotl. Goze appears here as Iocolincolatl, the psychpomp god in charge of bringing whatever gods the Aztec people need most to their city; Sangria appears as Eztli, the bloodmother, warrior bat-monster and mother to her people; and Geoff appears as Tlazohtlaloni, god of marriages and life-giving ponds and beloved of Eztli.


In traditional Aztec art style, with bonus totally adorable evil baby. This is my new favorite thing of the moment.

ART!

6 comments:

  1. Am I the only one that thinks that Sangria's wing looks like there are multiple pokeballs on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, John said the same thing. That's a traditional Aztec art representation of eyeballs with the lid half-closed (you can see a codex example here), but they do look a lot like Pokeballs!

      Delete
  2. I always love Aztec-style art. I do a fair bit myself, but nowhere near this quality.

    I love how simplistic and smug Goze is for this one. And nothing beats a batmonster. Claws are very Itzpapalotl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Goze is so superciliously into his job here, I love it. Must be from the time period when he was trying to make nice in the hopes that Tezcatlipoca would adopt him and save him from all the horrible Greek deities who were tired of his shit.

      Delete
    2. That almost worked! If it weren't for him bailing on me in the Fate Realm it'd be awesome.

      Delete
  3. And once again Marcus gets no representation. Bah! Obviously, these artists hate Moon Gods.

    ReplyDelete