Monday, September 2, 2013

One More Time Now

Today, a quick marathon through quickly answered questions!

Question: The link to Tlazoteotl in the Aztec pantheon is broken - instead of linking to the proper god it's connected to Xipe Totec.

Fixed! Thanks for catching that!

Question: In Scion, which kind of creatures could be the guardians of the four directions,both in Japan and China? With this I mean Genbu, Byakko, Suzaku and Seiryu. Would they be Titanspawn or allies of the gods?

We've talked about the four sacred beasts before, so check out this post here!

Question: It's always somewhat of a headache for me figuring out how many dots a Birthright should have for any given effect. Think you could give a brief guide/list on how many dots a generic Cirthright effect could have?

There are tons of variables that make it very hard to try to give any generalized table of effects, so we feel your pain; we also have to assign Birthright dots pretty much on a case-by-case basis without having anything quick and easy to refer to. But we did put together a little PDF supplement on Birthrights a little while ago with a bunch of examples and a few walkthroughs of our upgrade progress, so you might be able to get some ideas of how we price things from checking that out!

Question: I might have missed out on something completely. Does one give out more XP than 1 per hour at some point? I could imagine Demigods getting more and then gods again. But where does one actually change it, and how much does one change it to?

Some old guidelines for assigning XP in our games are back here!

Question: I intend to check each blogpost to see if my question has already been answered, but given how there are well over 1000 posts, I'm going to send the question while I'm looking: How do you feel about a Band choosing to form their own pantheon upon reaching godhood and how would you go about doing such?

Check out this old blog post on the subject!

Question: What is the afterlife like for the Orisha?

And check out this post for our previous discussion on that!

What I think we're really learning here is that, despite the search function on the blog, folks are having trouble finding posts that we've already done about whatever they're most interested in. Since there's definitely room for improvement, we're going to try to dedicate some time in the near future to tagging all the blog posts, in the hopes that it'll be easier for all of you to find something if you can just click on a helpful link to get to all the posts about the Tuatha or Fatebonds or the Sun purview or whatever else comes up.

It'll be a slow process, so don't look for us to have everything indexed tomorrow, but I figure the least I can do as an imminent librarian is organize my own damned blog, right?

12 comments:

  1. Also, move the search feature above the "Ask John Anything" field and make the "Search Blog Posts" title fancier to draw more attention.

    The search feature is actually not as bad as most people think, you've just got to be a little clever about what word you search for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both good suggestions... so I just did them! Sort of. Whatcha think?

      Delete
  2. The link to Chang'e on the Shen page is broken as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the positive side, the search function is now instantly visible! Yay!

    On the negative side, all the frames on the left are screaming at my brain who is trying to read blog posts from left to right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya, it's taking some getting used to. This way things in the sidebar aren't at the bottom of the universe where no one can see them, though!

      Delete
    2. Bottom of the universe = Bad.

      But now I have to scroll my screen to see the stuff on the right, and I'm on the highest resolution. Damn you people and your wide screen monitors!

      Delete
    3. I can see everything on either of my monitors, and the second one is not widescreen? 1280x1024.
      Maybe Firefox does some clever stuff? Dunno.

      Delete
    4. Darn it! I tested it on my square monitor to try to make sure that didn't happen and it looked okay over there, but it's a 1280 x 960, so anything smaller than that will probably pitch a fit. I tried to start with a 1024-compatible size, but it was so squashed it wasn't very readable.

      Lemme keep tinkering with it.

      Delete
  4. Just FYI - My monitor is 1024x768, and I'm using Firefox, and it looks just fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Then I'm stumped - it might be something having to do with a given user's automatic resolution/resizing settings. I'll try to figure out if there's anything we can do on our end.

      Delete
  5. 1280x1024, and I can only see the left frame and the blog. I have to scroll to see the right frame.

    ReplyDelete