Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Pen and the Sword

Question: This is similar to a previous question about if you were a real life Scion who would you like your parent to be. If you were a god, what type of god do you think would be? What type of god would you want to be? Which purviews and attributes would you favor?

Last time I asked John what his answers would be, but since he's busy madly running around with his dudes doing groom stuff at this point, I'll guess him myself. He can always come in and correct me later. :)

I imagine that if I were a deity I would probably be one representing book-learning in some degrees - associated with libraries, schools, the collection and understanding of knowledge, and that sort of thing (a Sarasvati or a Seshat, if you will). I might be associated with Epic Intelligence or Mystery, though I can't think of any others (that's the problem with trying to stat humans. They just aren't very impressive and I have no way of knowing what godly feats and doings I might have participated in to change that). I'd probably favor Academics, Art, Empathy and Occult.

John, on the other hand, would probably be a creator god a la Brahma or Svarog, bringing things into being from the raw force of his own will. He'd probably lean toward being associated with Charisma and Chaos or Justice (maybe even both!), and favor things like Command, Investigation, Politics and Presence.

There, today's silly self-indulgent exercise is now out of the way. :) Anybody else want to stat themselves?

11 comments:

  1. If I were a God, I'd want to be a God of Absurdism. I'd have Death, Darkness, Chaos, and Epic Charisma. I think I'd probably favor Art, Empathy, Integrity, Occult, and Presence.

    Now you don't have to feel guilty about being self-indulgent :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, sir, that does help!

      What, no Illusion?

      Delete
  2. I would be a god of Liberalism and progression. I would have Epic Intelligence, Epic Manipulation, Justice, and Magic, and favor Academics, Empathy, Integrity, Occult, Presence, and Science. I probably wouldn't be to popular with whatever pantheon is was a part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would Chaos or Justice be a better fit? Justice is about enforcing laws that exist now; for a god of progress, making new and unexpected things might also be as good an approach. I could see either. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm... I'd like to be a "keeper of the animals" sort of deal, so definitely Animal Purview, with Jaguar and Golden Retriever as totems, possibly also Piping Plover. Since I'm a zooarchaeology student, which involves digging and bones a plenty, Death, Earth, and Mystery fit. I've also a strong background in conservation and ecology, so Guardian to protect wildlands, Fertility for habitat restoration, Health for wildlife rehab. Intelligence and Perception for Epics. I'd favor Academics, Animal Ken, Awareness, Investigation, Science, and Survival. I'd likely be a hermit-shaman type of god who lives alone in the woods until heroes needed my help for some quest or knowledge or somesuch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm a tattoo artist, it seems clear that I'd be the God of Stabbing. Associated abilities would be Epic Strength, Epic Dexterity, Epic Stamina, Brawl, Fortitude, Melee, Marksmanship, Thrown, and maybe Art (though that last one is a bit of a stretch).

    ReplyDelete
  5. if i stated myself?

    I'd be a strange craft god....

    Virtues: Expression, Loyalty, Endurance, Vengeance

    Associated: Strength, Charisma, Wits, Industry, Fertility, Earth

    Abilities: Craft, Empathy, Awareness, Integrity, Art, Fortitude.


    I'm a Theatrical Carpenter. I Build the awesome scenery that looks like it couldn't be done. so yeah... i think all of that is appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete