Monday, January 28, 2013

JSR Does It All

Question: Are you still accepting entries?

If you mean for players for our Hero-level chronicle, I'm afraid not. Those spots were filled a few months ago, and are being capably handled by the badass roleplaying skills of Seph, Chris and Michael. (You go, guys!)

We still technically have an opening in our god-level game, the details of which can be found in this old recruiting post. This game is run face-to-face in the Triad area of North Carolina, requires you to show up to every game barring life disasters and has a lot (a lot) of history and previous events leading up to it, so it would be something that would require a good fit from a player and some specific parameters for new characters. But, if you live nearby and are really interested, shoot us an email and we'll be glad to talk to you about it. We might say no, but we'll still be glad to hear from you.

Aside from that, we have no other game openings. Taking a stab at what else you might mean by entries:

1) If you mean for fiction, we write all our own game fiction and don't currently host fiction for other games. We'll be glad to read it if you wrote it (slowly, because we're busy), but we probably won't post it to the site.
2) If you mean voting for new projects, the voting's always open and you should see the polls over to the right. Vote to your heart's content, and feel free to leave us a note here, in email or in the question box if you have specifics to ask about.
3) If you mean helping with projects, such as our current rewrite of the Loa/Orisha or our in-progress Maya pantheon, we don't have open participation for those, because we're crochety and introverted and we get angry and hissish when people try to write things for us. But if you have a lot of expertise in some area or want to ask how things are going, we're always glad to hear from you.

That's all the guesses I've got, so if you're around, let us know if we didn't get what you were driving at!

11 comments:

  1. I wished I lived closer to join up in your God game. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That'd be quite a commute, though!

      Delete
  2. I admit I'd feel a little intimidated joining the God game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft, don't be intimidated by them. On any given night it's mostly Geoff threatening to quit the Aesir, Woody complaining about how he hates Sangria and Vivian walking to Europe because she's out of Legend. They very rarely actually do anything.

      Delete
  3. You want the God game? *We* can't handle the God game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stribog will haunt your dreams. Also your house, and probably your wife.

      Delete
    2. I want the god game....

      Delete
  4. Lol, as much as I want to be in one of your games, it will probably never happen in this lifetime unless you plan on an online game, which I have never heard of one going well. lol. I think I could do the God Game if I was close, but playing a pre-generated character would be a lil weird cause I would not know who they were and how they fit. Meh, could be worse.

    Also, glad that you don't post others fiction. I am ok at writing, but I'd rather not let all of the internet read my works yet... Maybe if I start doing more writing and drawing, I'll get an instangram or something and put it there. Besides, I am pretty sure no one really wants to read about my character. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if we did post other peoples' fiction, I promise we would never do it without permission. :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, good. I don't mind small groups reading it, from time to time, but I don't wanna release it until I think its ready. Though, with how things are going between me and the gm, idk if I will ever finish the story anymore.

      Delete