Saturday, March 17, 2012

Touching Divinity

Question: Have you considered adding a Touchstones section to the site? They seem such an underutilized and yet amazing part of the game. Who doesn't want to pay a visit to the Platonic Ideal of an Amusement Park?

Yes, we have! We're big fans of Touchstones over here as well, particularly since most of our psychopomp Scions are now afraid of them thanks to an early, disastrous encounter with the Colossus. They're very cool parts of the landscape, both for travelers to use as through-points and others adventuring in them, and Scion really doesn't seem to do them enough justice.

They'd be a large project, however, and as you can see we have no shortage of large projects around here! Touchstones are a little bit on our back burner at the moment and would probably fall under the category of our settings projects. We hope to get there someday soon, and in the meantime are keeping a lot of notes on our future plans for them (well, I'm keeping a lot of notes, John is keeping all the information in his mental rolodex because paper is for the weak).

2 comments:

  1. If you're amenable, I'd love to get a glimpse of your notes. I've been working on expanding the usability of Touchstones to facilitate travel for my players and designing them is just excessive fun.

    Seeing as how my neuro-mentacular mind laser isn't working at the moment, I can't peruse mental rolodexes. Working on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not that I would mind you glimpsing my notes, but that would involve you coming to my house. All my actual notes are pen and paper(Im old school). However on the next "voting on things we'll do" in the sidebar, I can put touchstones as something and we can type them all up and get them fancy looking.

      Delete