Friday, February 15, 2013

Hey, Who Locked the Door?

Question: White Wolf's forums have been a disaster lately. Perhaps it's time that you all took up the reins? At the very least for the sake of the forum game?

They have been down a lot lately, haven't they? And kind of dramariffic to boot. I know I haven't been checking them nearly as much lately thanks to all the mess.

All our reasons for not setting up our own forums are still valid ones, but a limited forum just for messing-around stuff like the fantasy draft game might be reasonable. I know some people are just not able to get in to post and that's really frustrating.

I'mma leave this post here and let you guys weigh in again.

8 comments:

  1. As I have said before, I would very much support this kind of forum to be available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I do not know of the drama on there for sure, but have a small idea on it, I will stay off it and talk about what I know. A small forum would not be a bad idea, like for the draft game and to also post some stuff that could be answered by several people, kind of like my Inuit question that I got some answers on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, is it just me, or is it always around this time that people have issues getting on. I mean, it seems like its always the same time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, its something to do with EVE servers

      Delete
  3. A small here, even for just messing around, will inevitably grow to a more proper forum. Whether for good or ill is its own debate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely wouldn't mind a small forum on the site, both for the Draft and for discussing the rules and mechanics used specifically by the JSR system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have no strong feelings about the issue one way or the other. My only real question is 'What can we do on a forum that we cannot do on this blog already?'.

    We could start our own topics, and that seems to be the only thing? We can already search topics, reply to each other, get notified about new comments, and talk about JSR rule questions with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating, maintaining, and moderating a forum is WORK. John and Anne don't have unlimited resources to spend on stuff. If John and Anne build a forum, that will directly interfere with their ability to generate new content for the site. I for one, would rather see new content on the site than see another venue for people to talk about stuff.

    ReplyDelete