Monday, February 18, 2013

Sneakers

Question: I'm not sure if this has been asked, or if you've already answered this somewhere else, but how do you deal with in-story Legend gain for stealthy or purposefully secretive characters who try to stay out of the spotlight?

You might find these three posts helpful, friend! It comes up pretty frequently, since figuring out how to reconcile Legend gain with flying under the radar can be difficult to wrap your head around.

The short answer is that you can be as stealthy, secretive and unnoticed as you want, but you still have to do important things. If you're doing awesome stuff, spending Legend and being part of important, mythic events, you'll go up in Legend; if you're hiding in the corner refusing to be involved, you won't. Stealthy characters are fully capable of going up in Legend all the time. They just have to do it with awesome feats that are sneaky.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, those helped a lot. And also revealed how much I need to read up on and figure out how to use Fatebonds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm glad it was helpful! Check in with your Storyteller on how they run Fatebonds, though; the Fatebond system in the original Hero book is a lot less involved than ours, and different STs may have different takes on how they use Fatebonds. :)

      Delete
  2. That's the issue, I AM the ST. And until I read a lot of your stuff involving Fatebonds, I was pretty much ignoring them. Now I've got a group of low-level Demigods that have NO Fatebonds amongst them. Thus I REALLY need to read up on this thing. I'll be reading through your stuff on them too.

    (Ah-hah! I can use my own blogspot to post not-anonymously! Learning everyday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, in that case, awesome! Fatebonds are super neat and really add an extra layer to Scion, in our humble opinions. :) Good luck and let us know if we can help!

      Delete